Low-Carb Fruits & Vegetables
As much as we love to proclaim low carb diets, often times people don’t realize how much carbs are in fruits and vegetables. We want to go over low-carb fruits and vegetables and the right amount for your diet.
- Watermelon: 7.55g/100g of fruit, high in vitamin A, high water content, and a great summer fruit!
- Strawberries: 7.68g/100g of fruit, an excellent source of potassium and vitamin C
- Cantaloupe: 8.16g/100g of fruit
- Avocados: 8.64g/100g of fruit, low carbohydrate content and is very healthy in monounsaturated fats-
- Honeydew: 9.09g/100g of fruit, a good source of vitamin C and potassium, helps maintain healthy blood pressure, pH balance and healthy metabolism
- Peaches: 9.54g/100g of fruit, low-carb snack, helps ward off obesity-related diseases
- Cucumbers: 2.16g/100g of vegetable, or 3.63g/100g of fruit with the peel, contains antioxidants and promotes hydration
- Iceberg lettuce: 2.97g/100g of vegetable, high in vitamins
- Celery: 2.97g/100g, lowers inflammation, reduces cholesterol, and treats high blood pressure
- White mushrooms: 3.26g/100g, considered a superfood, boosts the immune system and improves digestion
- Spinach: 3.63g/100g, most of the carbs in spinach are considered fiber
- Swiss Chard: 3.74g/100g, a nutritional powerhouse is an excellent source of vitamins K, A, and C, a source of magnesium, potassium, iron and dietary fiber
- Tomatoes: 3.89g/100g, prevents cancer, promotes healthy skin, and protects heart health